Birth & Bereavement Doula + Lactation Services for Northern Colorado
MEET YOUR DOULA – Hey, I’m Julianne (she/her)! I don’t mean to brag but you’ll want me by your side for the birth of your baby (and navigating all the stuff beyond). Seriously. You can ask the people who voted me as one of the 9 Best Doula’s of Fort Collins for seven years running.
(Not-so) humble brags aside, you should know I’m not your typical doula. I’ve had an unusually long run of comforting and soothing families (for almost 30 years) during, pregnancy, birth and through parenting. Yep, I really did start going to births as a teenager. My first birth being my own. And I’ve been a doula full time over eight years. Plus, as a seasoned mama myself I know humor is an important part of parenting. Laughter keeps you from losing your shit as a new or seasoned parent, so rest assured I’m here to laugh with you, not at you.
Who am I? If I could have picked my parents, I would have been the love child of Brene’ Brown and Tina Fey. (Go ahead and throw in some RBG to the mix too) Someday, you’ll be watching the three of us doing a Netflix Special together.
All jokes aside, I work with families from all cultures and backgrounds. I’m here to accept you and support you. Just as you are. Whether you’re a first-time parent, single parent, same-sex couple, survivor of trauma, or suffered pregnancy loss I got you. Whether you’re having your baby at a hospital with a epidural, unmedicated, cesarean, or pain-managed labor, I got you. If you’re grieving a miscarriage, stillbirth, cautiously celebrating a rainbow baby, or had a long road to get pregnant, I got you. The journey of parenthood is diverse. It’s winding. No matter what it is, I’m here for you. I’ll be your guide without judgment (that’s not my style). It not only takes a village, but it takes the RIGHT village. I have had the true honor of becoming apart of so many villages. And if you like my humor, calm nature, depth of life and professional experience you might enjoy having me join your village too.
I’m a stork dork to the core. Which means I do lots of helpful things for growing families like
- facilitating miscarriage and pregnancy/parenting after loss support support groups for Postpartum Support International.
- running and founding a doula collective that provides full spectrum doula care in Northern Colorado
- attending well over 400 births
- teaching childbirth and new parent education for The Women’s Clinic of Northern Colorado
- providing certified lactation counseling to breast/chest feeders
- served as President of The Northern Colorado Doula Association (NCDA) 2018-2020 and prior as Vice-President in 2017
- leading prenatal and postpartum education and support groups (complimentary to all my birth clients, huzzah!)
- mentoring parents with my online group coaching program
- training and mentoring aspiring doulas to become the best labor supports in their community
produced a short film “Be Still” to teach professionals and medical providers how to support grievers in a trauma-informed way
I live in Northern Colorado with my partner and three sweet goofy doula dogs. I’m a mother of a grown daughter and a (very, very, very young hip Grandmother) to three amazing grandbabies.
Julianne has the following certifications & continuing education:
- CAPPA Certified Labor Doula – 2023
- CAPPA Certified Childbirth Educator – 2023
- Certified Lactation Counselor – Dec 2017, 2023 – ALAP
- CAPPA Certified New Parent Educator – July 2023
- Postpartum Support International Perinatal Mood Disorders Components of Care Training – 2022
- Spinning Babies Workshop -2018
- CAPPA Childbirth Educator Training 2017
- Certified Birth and Bereavement Doula 2016 – Stillbirthday
- Dancy Perinatal Debriefing Skills for Birth Workers Training – 2022
- Trained Birth Doula 2015 – Dona International
- Trained Postpartum Doula 2016 – Dona International
- Certified Expert Robozo Credential 2017 – GK University
- Trained Life Coach – 2005 – Fearless Living Institute
Julianne is proudly affiliated with:
- CAPPA Faculty Labor Doula Trainer – Current
- Postpartum Support International Early Loss Support Group Leader May 2023-Current
- Postpartum Support International Member – 2022-Current
- Northern Colorado Doula Association President– 2018, 2019, 2020
- Northern Colorado Doula Association Vice-President -2017
- Academy of Lactation (ALPP) – Certified Lactation Counselor 2017-Current
- Northern Colorado Breastfeeding Coalition Professional Member – 2018, 2019, 2020
- Certified StillBirthday Birth & Bereavement Doula – 2016
- Special Kids, Special Care Inc. NICU Consortium Fellow Member – 2017
- The Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death Member – 2017 – Current
- Evidence Based Birth® Professional Member 2016-Current
- Accessible Birth Connection For Families Doula 2016-Current
- United Way of Larimer County’s WomenGive Business Member – 2016
- DoulaMatch.net Member 2016- Current
- Larimer County Anti-Trafficking Task Force and Police Services Victim Advocate -2015-2017