Birth, Postpartum, and Bereavement Doula Services for Northern Colorado & Cheyenne
MEET YOUR DOULA
Hey, I’m Julianne! I don’t mean to brag but you’ll want me by your side for the birth of your baby (and navigating all the stuff beyond). Seriously. You can ask the people who voted me as one of the 9 Best Doula’s of Fort Collins for four years running.
(Not-so) humble brags aside, you should know I’m not your typical doula. I’ve had an unusually long run of comforting and soothing families (more than 20 years) during birth and through parenting. Yep, I really did start going to births as a teenager. My first birth being my own. And I’ve been a doula full time for the last five years. Plus, as a seasoned mama myself I know humor is an important part of this whole parenting gig and I like to laugh with my clients once in a while. Laughter will always keep you from losing your shit as a new or seasoned parent.
Basically, I describe myself as the love child of Brenee Brown and Tina Fey. Someday you will see the three of us on a Netflix Special together.
All jokes aside (see what I did there?) I work with families from all cultures and backgrounds. I’m here to accept you and support you. Just as you are. Whether you’re a first-time parent, single parent, same-sex couple, survivor of trauma. Whether you’re having your baby at a hospital, at home, or in a birth center. Unmedicated, cesarean, or pain-managed. Grieving a miscarriage or stillbirth. The journey of parenthood is diverse. It’s winding. No matter what it is, I’m here for you. I’ll be your guide without judgment (that’s not my style). It not only takes a village, but it takes the RIGHT village.
I’m a birth nerd to the core. Which means I do lots of helpful things for growing families like:
- facilitating a miscarriage and pregnancy/parenting after loss support at 3Hopeful Hearts
- supporting bereaved families through the UC Health Loving Care Program
- teaching childbirth education for The Women’s Clinic of Northern Colorado
- serving as President of The Northern Colorado Doula Association (NCDA) since 2018 and prior as Vice-President in 2017
- leading a prenatal and postpartum groups (complimentary to all my birth clients, huzzah!)
- mentoring new moms and parents with my online group coaching program
I live in Fort Collins, Colorado with my husband and two sweet goofy doula dogs. I’m a mother of a grown daughter and a (very, very, very young hip Grandmother) to two amazing grandbabies.
Certified birth and bereavement doula trained to provide doula services during any trimester of pregnancy with any birth outcome. She is also currently serving as the President for the Northern Colorado Doula Association.
Julianne has received the following certifications and continuing education:
- Certified Lactation Counselor – Dec – 2017 – ALAP
- Trained CAPPA Childbirth Educator – Dec 2017
- Certified Birth and Bereavement Doula 2016 – Stillbirthday
- Trained Birth Doula 2015 – Dona International
- Trained Postpartum Doula 2016 – Dona International
- Certified Expert Robozo Credential 2017 – GK University
- Trained Life Coach – 2005 – Fearless Living Institute
Julianne is proudly affiliated with:
- Northern Colorado Doula Association President– 2018, 2019, 2020
- Northern Colorado Doula Association Vice-President -2017
- Academy of Lactation (ALPP) – Certified Lactation Counselor 2017-Current
- Northern Colorado Breastfeeding Coalition Professional Member – 2018, 2019, 2020
- DONA International Member 2015-Current
- Certified StillBirthday Birth & Bereavement Doula – 2016
- Special Kids, Special Care Inc. NICU Consortium Fellow Member – 2017
- The Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death Member – 2017 – Current
- Evidence Based Birth® Professional Member 2016-Current
- Colorado Doulas Association Member 2016-Current
- Accessible Birth Connection For Families Doula 2016-Current
- United Way of Larimer County’s WomenGive Business Member – 2016
- DoulaMatch.net Member 2016- Current
- Natural Childbirth Directory 2015-Current
- Larimer County Anti-Trafficking Task Force and Police Services Victim Advocate -2015-2017
- Larimer Small Business Development Center Member 2015-Current