Sibling Doula Services
A sibling doula is a specialized support person who assists families during childbirth by focusing on the needs and emotions of older siblings. They provide comfort, engage in age-appropriate activities, and offer reassurance to siblings while their parents are in labor.
A sibling doula helps ease the adjustment for older children, ensuring a positive and inclusive birth experience for the whole family. By hiring a sibling doula, parents can have peace of mind, knowing that their older children are well-cared for and emotionally supported, allowing them to focus on the birthing process without worry.
The support a sibling doula provides can foster a smooth transition into the new family dynamic and create lasting memories of warmth and understanding during this transformative time.
What is included in the sibling doula package?
- 24 hours of support for up to 3 children, optional add more hours for an hourly fee.
- One introduction meeting prior to birth.
- 24×7 on call support starting at 38 weeks.
- Help involving children in the birthing experience at the level that is right for your family.
- Meal and snack prep.
- Fun and educational activities.
- Help facilitate first meetings with the new baby.
- Supporting children in their normal routine.
- Light housekeeping.
As your birth doula, you can count on my non-judgemental support, nurturing, kindness, humor, honesty, encouragement and dedication in guiding you and your partner through your birth. I offer packages to fit every budget.
As a ALPP Certified Lactation Counselor, AKA the Boob Whisper, Julianne brings stress-free approach to help you meet all your breastfeeding and pumping goals.