Birth Doula Pregnancy and Birth Package:
As your birth doula, you can count on my unconditional support, nurturing, kindness, humor, honesty, encouragement and dedication in guiding you the birth of your choosing. With every birth package, I offer the following non-medical aspects of care:
- One in person consultation session, FREE of charge. Additional consultations for a fee.
- 2-3 prenatal appointments prior to childbirth to ease fears, provide education, practice comfort measures for labor, and build your labor support plan.
- Emotional and physical support continuously through labor and shortly after the delivery of your baby. Labor support is provided in your home or in one of the local Northern Colorado hospitals.
- During your labor, I'll use and gift to you a bottle of naturally handcrafted 'labor oil.' Made specifically for my clients by local company Morethancoconuts.
- Availability to you and your partner by phone, text, and email throughout your pregnancy.
- 24x7 On-call labor support starting two weeks prior to your estimated due date and until your baby is born.
- Evidence based education for you and your partner on pregnancy, labor options, and all things newborn.
- Customized birth plan and postpartum plan
- As your doula, I will support your personal plan for your baby’s birth.
- Partner support. I will help your partner with comfort and support techniques for mom during labor.
- Written birth notes after baby is born.
- One postpartum home visit after birth. (I am also a postpartum doula and happy to add on additional postpartum support to any birth package.)
What are the Benefits of Using a Birth Doula?
Numerous studies have documented positive outcomes associated with doula services. A doula understands the physical and emotional stress of labor and will assist a mother and her partner to prepare for childbirth and have a more positive birth experience.
With the support of a doula:
- Cesarean rates are reduced by 50%
- Length of labor is reduced by 25%
- Use of Pitocin is reduced by 40%
- Need for pain medication is reduced by 30%
- Requests for epidural pain management is reduced by 60 %
- Mom's self image is increased
- Satisfaction in the overall birth experience is increased
- Relationship between mom and partner improved.
With the support of a doula, babies are:
- More likely to have higher APGAR scores
- Less likely to be admitted to special care units.(Information provided by Mothering the Mother, Klaus, Klaus, and Kennel)
Studies have shown with a doula present at birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications.
— DONA International (http://www.dona.org)
Birth Doula Fees:
Prices vary based on service provided and location. I promise I have nothing to hide. I provide a valuable service I hope you will value equally as much. Email me with additional questions.
Donate Birth Doula Services:
I believe all families who want doula care should be able to have access to a doula. Please consider making a donation to a family who cannot afford doula services on their own or to a family needing bereavement services.